WHAT IS THE VISION?
"To become a thriving
Community Church caring for all"
"To Outreach, To Grow, and To Serve"
"Queremos ser una Iglesia Comunitaria que cuide de todos."
Nuestra misión es "alcanzar", "crecer", y "servir"
The Reverend MG Alonso-Redondo is our senior pastor. She is an Ordained Elder in full connection with the California-Pacific United Methodist Church Annual Conference.
She is a teacher, a writer, and a preacher. Holds a Master Degree on Divinity from Claremont School of Theology, a B-Clad K-12 Teaching Credential and Special Education Studies from San Diego State University and a Master Degree on School Administration & Planning, plus a Bachelors on Education Sciences from UABC in Mexico.
She is a third-generation Mexican American, bi-cultural, bilingual who spent most of her childhood in LA Shriners Hospital.
Passionate about God, Theology, grace and inclusion for all persons; invested in working for children & families with ‘diversabililities’, immigration, peace and justice.
Wife, mother, sister, aunt, and cousin involved in our community working on the empowerment of women and families in our surrounding communities.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
• God is Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer
• We believe all lives are sacred
• Grace is for all persons disregarding age, ability or disability, social- economic condition, sexual and gender identity, color of skin, race, language, and religious belief.
• There is power in prayer and in the Word of God.
MORE QUESTIONS about the UNITED METHODIST CHURCH?
Our mission as a church is to go and “make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world” taking the message of love and grace of Jesus Christ into our community and around the world.
Our Goals for 2021
1. By the end of December 2021, with the help of our Technology and the effective use of our Website, our radio podcast, YouTube channel, Coffee House, El Buen Pastor UMC will be totally immersed in a Hybrid Model Church with virtual and in-person options for worship, for disciple making, Bible study, and Spiritual formation, as recorded through photos, videos, reports and testimonies of leaders and participants.
2. By the end of December 2021, and through a shift of ministry model – in which mission is the main focus of our ministry and worship is the result of our mission, El Buen Pastor UMC will increase to a 50% of self-financial sustainability, as shown by our Financial year-end and Treasurers Reports.
3. By the end of December 2021, and with active participation of members and partners in our community, El Buen Pastor will have two new community ministries (one geared to families with disabilities, and the other to children and youth) as visible and productive as the ONE STOP shower program, as shown by community testimony gathered for the 2021 report prepared for Charge Conference next year.